Q: What information should I have available when inquiring about catering?
A: Before contacting our coordinator be sure you can answer the following questions:
- How many guests will be attending?
- What style of service am I looking for?
- What menu style am I looking for?
- Will I need staff?
- What is my catering budget?
- Will there be refrigeration and/or oven for us to use? Most menu items we can prepare in our kitchen and transport in Cambro boxes to keep them warm. Some menu items require onsite preparation. Most venues charge a fee to use their kitchen, so we will let you know if menu items you are considering require onsite preparation.
Q: Do you deliver?
A: Yes! We do offer a selection of foods that are available for delivery but be aware that some may require preparation or assembly upon delivery.
Q: Can I pick up my food from Three Sisters to save on delivery charges?
A: Yes, of course! We do offer pick-up options that can save on delivery costs. These items will come packaged and with instructions for proper preparation. Keep in mind these options are limited to items that do not require a chef to finish onsite.
Q: How far can you cater?
A: We cater events far and wide! Our delivery charges vary based on the complexity of the menu and the distance of your event from our kitchen in South Pasadena to your specific Southern California location. Our Sales Team will gladly help you in estimating your possible delivery charges.
Q: Do you offer tastings?
A: Yes, we are happy to invite you in to taste the food and see the quality of our presentation. There is no flat rate established, as each tasting has different factors involved (food items, amount of item, etc). Our Event Sales Team will be happy to assist you with that. Tasting fees will be applied as a credit to your invoice if you book your event with us.
Q: Why do you charge for tastings?
A: The amount of time required to prepare the food for a tasting, as well as the cost of the food, is quite expensive for catering companies. Essentially, you are having a private chef cook for you! Each month, we receive dozens of requests for tastings, but due to our schedule of events, are only able to accommodate approximately two per week (on average). During busier times of the year, we are unable to accommodate any tastings. Therefore, it is necessary that we charge a fee for tastings.
Q: When do you host tastings?
A: Tastings are held all week, based on the availability.
Q: What Menu options do you offer?
A: Your final menu selection and number of guests determine the menu cost
- Buffets Menus - Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner (options available for delivery/drop off, pick up or can be served buffet style by our own staff)
- Heavy Hors D’oeuvres Reception – Displayed Platters, Stations, Butler Passed or a Combination of Both
- Served Lunch and Dinner
Q: Can you handle food allergies & do you offer vegetarian, gluten free, Paleo and/or Kosher options?
A: Yes! We have a variety of options and menus for your events! We also have the flexibility to split any order between regular dishes dietary restriction items based on your needs. Please inquire for additional information.
Q: Do you have a license to serve alcohol?
A: Yes, we can prove a full bar if needed. Or we can provide a Bartender to serve the alcohol, supplied by you.
Staff & Service
Q: Does Three Sisters Catering provide wait service?
A: For an additional fee, Three Sisters is happy to provide a top notch staff for your event! An initial time/cost estimate is given during the proposal process. Final time/cost is calculated after our Managers Meeting and billed to you at the time of your final guarantee mark. Every event with requires a Party Manager.
- Executive Chef - $50/per hour/per chef
- Party Manager - $30/ per hour
- Kitchen Staff - $25/ per hour/per chef
- Servers - $25/ per hour/per server
- Bartender - $25/ per hour/per bartender
All Staff has a 5-hour minimum. Overtime will be charged after the contracted time of 5 hours is exceeded.
Q: How many servers do I need?
A: One server will be staffed for every 16 guests for plated service. For Buffet service, one server will be staffed for every 20 guests. In the event there are two buffet lines, additional servers will be required. Our knowledgeable Sales Team will be able to walk you through properly staffing your event, to ensure easy, professional and impeccable flow for your event.
Q: Will the Executive Chef be present at my event?
A: The attendance of our Executive Chef depends on several factors, including, but not limited to:
- Order in which events were booked
- Complexity of event menu
- Events that have paid to have our Executive Chef present
Rest assured, a head chef is assigned to each event and works closely with our Executive Chef to ensure every event is seamlessly executed.
Q: What time will the staff arrive?
A: Server and bartender’s arrival time depends on set up required, but with a minimum of 1 hour before the start of your event.
Q: How will your staff dress?
A: Our wait staff primarily follows a black bistro uniform, which includes black shoes, black slacks, a black buttoned-down shirt, and a black tie.
Q: What supplies are included with orders?
A: Your order comes ready to serve in containers and serving utensils. In an effort to avoid excess waste, we do not include serveware (plates, utensils, or napkins) unless requested. They are charged at $1/pp. Hot menu items are served in heat resistant containers. Disposable chafing dishes and sterno cans available upon request for $10.00 per set.
Q: What are your requirements for the day of the event?
A: Each event is different! During your planning process we will be talking about all necessary points that need to be taken care of. But here are just a few:
- Our chef and kitchen staff typically arrive on location 1-2 hours prior to the meal/food SERVE time. If we are responsible for additional set up (e.g. tabletop) then our staff will arrive earlier. Arrival time is based on the setup work required and will be estimated, along with additional staff costs, prior to event.
- Client is responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses or permits. If you are unable to obtain insurance that lists your company/organization as the insured, we offer a $1 million policy that is available for purchase.
- Please make sure appropriate parking space is available for our service and staff vehicles.
- If there is a gate, guard or other obstruction, please arrange entry approval and/or provide us with credentials/instructions ahead of time.
Rental needs will be determined based on the needs your party. We work with 3rd party rental companies and happy to assist you in coordinating your additional needs. Rental items might not be included in your initial proposal, if actual needs and quantities are not known.
Billing & Booking
Q: What is the required time to book my date?
A: Events are booked are based on a first come, first serve basis. We encourage our clients to begin booking as late as three months in advance from their event date, however sometimes we are able to make some exceptions for last minute clients.
Q: What is required to book an event?
A: The items needed to secure a booking are:
- Signed copy of our catering contract
- 50% deposit (remaining 50% is due 5 days prior to event)
Q: When is the Final Guarantee due?
A: Your final guaranteed number of guests is due 5 days prior to your event date. After that, you will not be able to decrease your numbers, only increase (48-hour notice required for any increase in numbers)
Q: What is the billing process?
A: Unless you are a corporate client of ours, with a house account in good standing:
- We require a 50% deposit to book your event.
- The remaining 50% is billed 5 days prior to your event based on the final counts you submit to us.
- Any additional costs are billed immediately following your event.
Q: What are additional charges?
20% Event Production Charge
This customary catering charge will be added to every invoice for the production, processing, administration fees, insurances and other operational expenses. This is not a Gratuity and any additional tips will be greatly appreciated by our Staff
- 9.5% Applicable Sales Tax
Sales Tax is added to the entire invoice with the exception of certain charges, in accordance with California Tax Law
We’re thrilled and honored that you are considering Three Sisters Catering to cater your event! Please contact our catering manager at (626) 375-7510 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the booking process.